Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Primary Colors

I love colors. Yes, I do. And I love folkloric clothing. So naturally, Anna Sui's Fall line appeals to me, even though it's a little much. Some might say super-saturated. (The two below are my favorites.)


According to style.com, she cites her inspirations as being American Indians, Medivalism, Tiffany vases, the Pre-Raphaelites, and Gustav Klimt. Quite a farrago. Very American, in that sense.



Cowboys and Indians. Channeling Santa Fe.


That coat totally reminds me of two things: Mondrian and playing cards.




Some more subdued colors. Love the black and gold and plum.


I am loving the Ikat tights and the cobalt blue shoes with that buckle that looks a little bit influenced by Polish slippers. And those boots: Santa Fe style straight up.

On another note, my blog and my mum's got featured today at shuttersisters.com. Every month, they do a feature called One Sweet Shot, where people can nominate photographs they want to honor. So check out OSS for this month for loads of beautiful photos, including my mum's!

No comments: