Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I love my new job, Dylan

...and I will always love it. Jobs are like loves, the first one always has a special place in your heart. Not that this is my first job, but it is my first retail job and therefore will forever be idealized. In case some of us got the wrong message about my commute "rant" earlier, today I would like to share a few things that make my commute very special, and I would like to point out that my exasperation with the commute is entirely separate from any feelings I may have about my job:

1)The newspaper man outside the BART. Me and him are buds and he always tells me I look nice, even on casual Fridays (which don't exist anymore since I got my new job)
2)The bike path from my house to the BART. It is flanked by community gardens, parks, playgrounds, tennis courts, and basically all sorts of things that foster community. It smells good. It reminds me a teeny bit of Ghost Ranch. The nature part of it, I guess.
3)Podcasts. Ira Glass and Terri Gross ROCK my morning commute. They give me things to mull over, they keep my brain alive.
4)Morning lattes. Are bad for the environment, I know. But they feel so luxurious and taste so good.
5)Brave and beautiful people. They're everywhere.

Guys, hey guys, so I found this new blog Ill Seen, Ill Said and it has some fabulous fashion sense. So today I thought I'd share a few discoveries made there and "feature" some of the designers that we sell in my lovely new boutique, Jennifer Croll.

Comrags:


Wow. J. Crew meets...Green Peace. I love her devil-may-care stance, her "work-appropriate" footwear, and her headband. Very "Berkeley."


Close-up of the shoes later.


Rustic Flapper. Yet another juxtaposition that leaves me speechless and giddy.


I love this fabric and this silouette. May try to sew myself a dress akin to this one.


Cute top. Cute bag.


Shoe close-up.

Ports 1961:





Awesome photo styling (and clothes).



Killer shoes.

Now these are some of the designers at my boutique. Let's list them first, just for fun: Cynthia Steffe, Trina Turk, Nanette Lepore, Theory, Susana Monaco. Those are the main ones.

Starting with: Cynthia Steffe.



Trina Turk:



Nanette Lepore:



Theory:



Susana Monaco:



That's all for now, Sunshine.

No comments: