Friday, September 5, 2008

the loot

We have the perfect jewelry at our store. Well made, simple, with just the right amount of bling added if you want to take it up a notch or two. It is designed and made by Colleen Lee, a partnership between the Colleen I know and her friend in AZ - who contributes the "Lee." Recently, Colleen brought in a few of her gorgeous peices to be raffled off to benefit Muscular Dystrophy Research. After a month of collecting tickets, she came in to pull the winner, and it was me! Here is what I won:



I am so excited! I put on the crystal ring necklace and silver-gold teardrops as soon as I walked in the store, because this is, my friends, the jewelry equivalent of the perfect little black dress. Check out Colleen's website for more styles and retail locations. Here are some more that I love from her "Wovens" collection:



There are a number of organizations that help you raise funds for various causes, such as leukemia, AIDS, or neurological disorders such as ALS, while helping you get in shape, meet people and have fun. One of D's friends recently trained to complete a century bike ride as a way to raise money. He got free support and training and people sponsored him and all the proceeds went towards research. He had loads of fun, it was a relatively low time commitment, AND it was all for a great cause.

Check these links out for more info:

AIDS marathon
Team in training
walk to defeat als

No comments: